Microsoft Project server 2007 connector project server installation

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:26 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2007 at 5:27 AM
HI,
I am getting below error in "c:\WINDOWS\PS2007-TFSConnectorSetup.log" while installling "Microsoft Project server 2007 connector project server installation"

< 10:51:16 > Loging to the project server event service : http://ServerName/PWA//vtibin/psi/events.asmx
< 10:51:16 > LoginToEventsService Started
< 10:51:19 > LoginToEventsService Completed
< 10:51:22 > InstallEventHandlers failed due to following Exception : The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Stacktrace for the exception : at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at CustomAction.PSEvents.Events.ReadEventsList()
at CustomAction.CommonCustomAction.InstallPSEventHandlers(String projectWebAccessUrl, String userName, String password)
Jun 7, 2007 at 5:43 PM
if you go to Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\WebServices\Shared\PSI and modify the web.config file to say <identity impersonate="true"/> it should work. At least it did for me.
Jun 8, 2007 at 1:26 PM
No luck Darkadvent. Still getting the same error
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Please email us at tfpstalk@microsoft.com, and we'll help you troubleshoot. We can post the resolution once we pinpoint the issue.

Thanks,
Graham
Jun 8, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Since you are getting a 401, need to make sure that the account under which the installer is running is admin on the PS PWA.
Jun 13, 2007 at 5:14 PM
Hi,

I'm in front of the same installation issue. I tried to use several users to install, but nothing worked. When i try to enter different credential in the popup than whom logged i can access the "http://ServerName/PWA//vtibin/psi/events.asmx". If i loggoff and login with the user who works in the popup, i still get the issue. Tweaking the security settings was useless .... I think a workaround exists but ....

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/07/14/HOWTO_Diagnose_IIS_401_Access_Denied.aspx wasn't useful ...

Thanks,

Seb

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2007 at 6:23 PM
All,

Do you get a 401 error when you navigate to http://ServerName/PWA//vtibin/psi/events.asmx? There are several event handlers, custom fields, and lookup tables, that need to be installed on the Project Server machine. The installer uses the PSI methods within Project Server to add these. That is why the account under which you run the installer needs to have permission within Project Server to call these PSI methods.

So, in order to diagnose the issue, the first thing I would try is to just navigate to the Eventing Service's url. If that gives you a 401, then my guess is that you are going to need to go to Project Server to ensure that the account under which you are running has been added to porject server and has the necessary permissions to call these PSI methods.

Please let me know if this helps (or even if it doesn't).

Thanks,
Lenny
Jun 13, 2007 at 7:43 PM
In fact that the thing i tried to explain before.

When i navigate to the page i ve always got a credential popup, if i enter an authorized project user different from whom is logged in, the webservice test page displays correctly.
If i log on the OS where the project server is installed using this authorized user (also in the local machine administrator group), and then try to navigate to the webservice page, I also have a credential popup.

If i'm logged into the server i cannot avoid this credential popup, and the currently logged user never has access.

**If A is logged and then A navigates to the events.asmx, the popup is shown and A credentials do not work, but B does.
**If B is logged and then B navigates to the events.asmx, the popup is shown and B credentials do not work, but A does.

Quite strange ....
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2007 at 12:37 PM
Hi Saib,
I know we were working offline on this, but I just thought I would check with you to see if there was any more progress on your side. Is there anything you need from me at this point?

Thanks,
Lenny