can't access PWA after installing connector

Jun 18, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Hi,

I have installed connector in two box mode:

1. TFS server: Win2K3 SP1, SQL 2005 SP1, PS 2007 connector server component, TFS server installation component.
2. PS server: Win2K3 SP1, SQL Express 2005 SP2, PS 2007, connector Project Server installation component

Before I install the connector I can asscess PWA but failed with this error: An unexpected error has occurred.

In the event viewer at server 2: PS server, there is an entry as the following:

Event ID 6641
Source: Office SharePoint Server
Category: Office Server Shared Service

The SSP Timer Job Project Server Pre-Synchronizing Job for 'pwa' was not run.

Reason: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Technical Support Details:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer
at Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.WindowsSecurity.GetUserTokenFromCredentials(String userDomainName, String password, LogonType logonType)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.WindowsSecurity.GetUserTokenFromCredentials(String userDomainName, String password)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.JobHandler.Execute(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Could you please help? Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Regards,
CLEE

Jun 18, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Found another error maybe related to my failure:

At server 2 Project server I saw the installation failure due to event ID: 6058

Failed to get language information for Project Server

Don't know whether it's related or not since I am new to Project Server 2007.

Thanks again for any help.

Regards,
CLEE
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:59 PM
CLEE,

When you run the installer it needs to authenticate against your Project Server using Windows Authentication. The account under which it runs needs to be added to Project Server and needs to have appropriate enough permission to access the web services that exist on it. Can you ensure that it is set up this way?

Thanks,
Lenny