Synchronisation to Project Server

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:10 PM
Hey,

i've installed the connector and configured it. The synchronisation from projects to team server works but if i try to modify my
completed work hours in the team system task i get the following error in event log:

Timestamp: 7/3/2007 7:56:24 PM
Message: Unable to find the field with the name Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork for WorkItem 1397
Category: General
Priority: 9
EventId: 0
Severity: Error
Title:
Machine: TFSRTM
Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/Root/Connector Web Service-1-128279655457948841
Process Id: 2596
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Win32 Thread Id: 3408
Thread Name:
Extended Properties:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of nine error messages in the event log. Could anybody help me with this problem?

Bye
Thomas
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM
I can help you with this. Not sure what your other errors are, but there was a bug related to completed/remaining work that has been fixed and will be released either later this week or early next week.

HTH,
Lenny
Jul 26, 2007 at 9:08 PM

lfenster wrote:
I can help you with this. Not sure what your other errors are, but there was a bug related to completed/remaining work that has been fixed and will be released either later this week or early next week.

HTH,
Lenny

Is this fixed in 1.1? I'm running 1.1 and I get the same message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Library Logging
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 7/26/2007
Time: 3:33:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TFS
Description:
Timestamp: 7/26/2007 7:33:36 PM
Message: Unable to find the field with the name Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork for WorkItem 249
Category: General
Priority: 9
EventId: 0
Severity: Error
Title:
Machine: TFS
Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/Root/Connector Web Service-2-128299484749300498
Process Id: 6088
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Win32 Thread Id: 5664
Thread Name:
Extended Properties:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2007 at 1:55 AM
It is fixed in 1.1. The only reason you should see that warning (yes, I know it is logged as an error in the Event Log) is if the value for that field actually hasnt been changed at all. In that case, the Connector doesn't see it as changed and doesn't try to modify in PS at all but just basically logs that the field was not changed (in this case could not be found).

If you're certain that the field has changed and you're still seeing this issue, then let me work offline with you to get more details because it is probably a bug then.

Thanks,
Lenny