One Server Support

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:13 PM
I'm creating a proof of concept for Project Server 2007 and TFS for our organization. I was currently allotted one server for use to create this pilot. Would installing all 3 components on one server function enough to demonstrate the connector to my organization? If we use these services in production we would of course have a dedicated server per service.

Thanks,
Mark Kropf
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Mark,
I've heard that it has been done successfully before; however, we definitely did not test for this scenario. There's no technical reason why it couldnt work; you would probably just need to ensure that you handle the issues with SharePoint properly; just as you would on a two-box setup.

Lenny
Jul 9, 2007 at 6:56 PM
Lenny,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I thought it would be best to ask here before trying. We'll go ahead and install it and report back with any irregularities that could help others attempting the same process.

Mark
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:59 PM
I'm also testing this in one VM box. It installed sucessfully, but when I tried to create the project association, there as an exception.
This:
http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=pstfsconnector&WorkItemId=9131

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2008 at 8:00 PM
sorry, the message duplicated.