Risk and Issue mapping

Sep 3, 2007 at 9:26 AM
Hi, I have set up connector and it works fine. I need to propagate CMMI work items Risk and Issue to Project 2007. Is this possible through connector, and how I can do this?
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2007 at 12:26 PM
It is absolutely possible. Look at the configuration within the Connector Web Service web.config file. You'll want to add two work item type mappings (one for Risk and one for Issue) to this mapping under the configuration for the CMMI template.
Sep 10, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Ok, but could you please give us any example for this because in all other cases information from TFS is written to Task and Assignment on Project Server. Risk and Issue are different entities and we are not sure how to do this.
Also, connector calls method CreateNewAssignment any time when WorkItem is created on TFS and it looks like there is no place for creating risks and issues.
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2007 at 1:01 AM
Perhpas I do not understand what you are asking. I thought you were saying that you wanted to map the Risk and Issue Work Item Types in your CMMI template to assignments in Project Server where the Enterprise Work Item Type is set to (this is customizable) Risk and Issue (for example). This would be no diffent than mapping the other Work Item TYpes in the CMMI template. You could just add values to the Enteprise Work Item Type Lookup Table in PS to signify the Risk and Issue types. You can call them whatever you want. Then go into the mapping and map whatever fields you care about for these workitem types to the respective fields for those assignments in Project Server.

If you want me to work offline with you, just let me know. I can help you offline.