Can connector map one MSP Project to several TFS Projects?

Sep 6, 2007 at 4:38 PM
We have difficulties in structuring our TFS Projects since we have both systems, and these are involved in several projects and vice versa.
One possible solution might be if the connector can connect one MSP Project to several TFS Projects. Then the TFS Projects could be based on system and the MSP Projects could be just projects.

So my question is if you can do one-many mappings or just one-to-one?

(I saw the interview with Lenny Fenster yesterday)
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Its not possible in thie current version. Sorry.
Sep 10, 2007 at 3:35 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Is this functionality in any plans for future releases?
If it is not planned please give us suggestion what changes are necessary to be made in source code and in what parts of solution to make this functionality working? Do you have any idea what time it would take to develop this?
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2007 at 12:55 AM
I am not in a position to comment on what will be in and out of any future releases of the Connector; however, I can tell you that a lot of the feedback that comes in re: the use of the Connector will be used for detemining the usage scenarios for Project Server integration in Rosario. And this request is one of the most common.

In order to get this to work in the current version, you will want to create your own PS2007Provider by deriving from the OOB PS2007Provider that ships with the Connector. You will then need to reduce the 1:1 constraint imposed by the OOB Provider and then configure the COnnector to use your provider instead of the OOB one. Because we foresaw that some folks might need to do 'different things' re: the way information is associated and moved to Project Server, we made this provider based so it could be completely extensible. You can write your own providers for many of the features within the Connector and insert your logic instead of what is OOB. I'm not saying its trivial -- however, it is possible.