problem installing connector on project box

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM
Hi folks,

I'm getting a bit of grief installing the project connector on the project server box (2 server install) similar to this link here: http://www.codeplex.com/pstfsconnector/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=11132

I say similar because the error in the log file is 404 rather than 401. When I look at the URL thats displayed in the log file, its failing on trying to install the event handlers. The url provided for the events.asmx as displayed in the log file contains underscores something like /vtibin/ wheras the link in the above thread I note does not (/PWA/vtibin/psi/events.asmx).

Also, when I type the /PWA/vtibin/psi/events.asmx link into my browser, I then get a sharepoint error ("the file you are attempting to retrieve has been blocked from this website by the server administrators"). Not sure if what this error means, but I suspect that if the 404 error above is fixed, my next one will be a 401.

Has anyone any ideas for a workaround for this issue ?

b.t.w. I am using the 1.1 connector.

Cheers
Andy
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2007 at 8:46 PM
it seems my original post wasnt quite right, the url for where it the connector was looking for the event service was / _vti _bin/ which I thought was the correct url style. However, since the installer is unable to find the service at this location is there any way of finding out where the service actually is and getting the connector install program to look there instead?

(I have had to put spaces into the path because this forum was removing the underscores)
Oct 8, 2007 at 9:41 PM
Does your service account have rights on the Project Server? You might try giving it rights (admin) and see if you can install the Connector.

As far as running the .asmx file--the error is correct, SharePoint is configured to not allow files with that extension by default.

-Michael Ham
Oct 16, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Edited Oct 16, 2007 at 1:29 AM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

edit: update

After a couple of cups of coffee and a "DOH" moment. The "DOH" moment was realising that the PWA in the location of the server refered to the directory project server was installed in which was in my case not PWA.

Regards
Andy