Database not created

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:50 PM
Hello

I am testing a new install of VSTS-PS 1.1. Working though the user guide I make it to page 12, number 9. When It try to insert a new column field for the items that are currently supported I can not find them in the drop down box of field names. I'm guessing somewhere during the install those should have been pushed into my project server but they didn't?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Michael Ham
Seattle, WA
Oct 8, 2007 at 10:16 PM
It turns out that the "Project Server 2007 Connector Project Server" portion of the install did not complete because of a login error. The service account needed access to Project 2007 Server.

Now I have a new problem: I can't find the URL to connect to the "Connector Web Service". I see the applications are installed on my TFS server and running correctly but there is nothing documented in any of the user or install guides on how to actually connect to that web site.
Oct 9, 2007 at 6:15 PM
I'm making progress and found the site URL "http://servername:8080/connector web site". But it turns out I have an HandlingInstanceID error. Upon inspection the installer is not creating the databases and I get no indication that there was a problem with the install. I tried to manually create them before the install but the installer is not doing anything with them..not populating the tables and such.

I've tried re-installing several times. The databases are never created by the installer. The service account has the access rights dbo, default master database, sysadmin. I tried using a different account with no success.

Anyone have ideas on how to troubleshoot the install process creating databases?
Oct 9, 2007 at 7:59 PM
I solved the problem and everything is now online. I had to use the database creation scripts that are with the upgrade process. Once I ran those, added the service account access the system still wouldn't run. I found that the web.config was using the connection server as "SERVERNAME\MSSQLSERVER". Removing the "\MSSQLSERVER" solved the last problem.