When will the connector be part of VSTS

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Is there any timeframe/version when the Project Server Connector will be part of VSTS.

I had hoped from you home page that future versions will have native integration implied VSTS 2008, but as your latest release makes the connector compatible with VSTS 2008, I guess this is not the case.
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2008 at 8:23 AM
It is planned for the next version of Team Foundation Server. For more on that, you can visit the microsoft web site for visualstudio.
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Thank you for the repsonse, but I was looking for a little more certainty on this.

This may form part of an enterprise wide roll out and our risk assessment people are not keen to use the connector, as it is not part of the core products. Is this likely to make it into a service Pack od VSTS 2008 or the final release of VSTS 2008? or are we looking at 2010-2011 or beyond before it is part of the core product?
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM
It will be in the next major version of Team Foundation Server. I cannot commit to you a date when the next version will be released; the best place to stay aware of the planned release date is on the site I mentioned. Sorry, but I cannot offer you anymore certainty than that.
Mar 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM

lfenster wrote:
It will be in the next major version of Team Foundation Server. I cannot commit to you a date when the next version will be released; the best place to stay aware of the planned release date is on the site I mentioned. Sorry, but I cannot offer you anymore certainty than that.

Thanks again. This helps as it ic clear it will not be in VSTS 2008 and so it will be a few years away rather than a few months