Connector Question

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM
My company has Microsoft Project 2003 and VSTS 2005. They have not used the Microsoft Project 2003 server since about the second week after it was set up, because they found out that there was no real integration between VSTS and Project (they thought they would have dynamic integration between the two, and apparently it wasn't possible). ?? I am completely new to this, so I'm trying to find out if this connector will work for them...

Will this connector work for Microsoft Project Server 2003 and VSTS 2005, or do we have to upgrade? If it works with these two versions...do changes in VSTS get integrated into Project automatically?
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM
No, it is for PS 2007 not 2003. However, Avenade developed a similar solution for PS 2003 -- I think you still might be able to get it off of their web site.
Mar 26, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Where can I get some information about what this connector will do for us? When we first installed VSTS 2005 and Project Svr 2003 last year, the Project Manager found that there was no integration between the two...so she had to update project manually (?)

Does this connector provide the connection between VSTS and Project, such that the project gets updated automatically with what is in VSTS?
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:43 PM
The Connector only works between TFS (2005 and 2008) and Project Server 2007. I know Avenade has a similar solution for PS2003; however, I am unsure whether they still support it or not. You should be able to check the Avenade web site for more details.

And yes, the Connector propagates changes between TFS and Project Server such that when associated work items get changed (or added), these changes are reflected in Project Server and vice versa.

HTH,
Lenny