TFS 2008/Project Server 2007 - Single Server

Apr 9, 2008 at 12:15 AM
I want to make sure the latest version of the Connector supports a single server installation of TFS 2008 and Project Server 2007. I noticed an earlier post asking this but no clear response was provided. I also notice that the Install Guide makes no reference of a single server installation, rather just a 2/3 machine implementation.

So, to be clear, does the Connector support a single server installation of TFS 2008 and Project Server 2007?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM
Yes, that is correct.

It is possible to get TFS, PS 2007, and the Connector all working one machine. The issue has nothing to do with the Connector, its just getting TFS and PS 2007 to play nice on the same box. If you can achieve this, having the Connector on the same box isn't an issue.

Does that answer your question?
Apr 10, 2008 at 2:45 AM
Hi,

I managed to set up the latest version of the Connector on a single server installation of TFS 2008 and Project Server 2007. Although I still have the problem with the process template work items not automatically imported during the initial project association, the other aspects of the ver 2.0 connector worked as expected.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 2:21 PM
That is fantastic, Kohwee. Also, the issue you mentioned is actually a bug in the latest version of the Connector when both auto-create Work Items and auto-create Assignments are checked. I have resovled this bug and will be posting a fix for it very shortly.

Thanks,
Lenny