Supported Environment?

May 20, 2008 at 9:25 PM
I read through the VSTS connector install guide and I am not sure if the connector would be supported in my environment. I'm hoping someone could help me out.

I have a TFS2008 install with an app tier and a data tier plus we have a TFS app tier server in standby mode.
My MOSS/Project server build out has two WFE systems and two application servers ( one is the Project Server and one is the Index/Query Server).

Will the connector work in this environment? The installation guide talks about the only supported layouts are two servers (one TFS/Connector system and one Project Server) and three servers (TFS, Connector, and Project Server). If this is okay then where do I want if I wanted to go with the two server route.  I know that I have to install the TFS component on the TFS systems but what about the Project Server component? Do I install it on all all WFE and the Project Server? The two WFE systems host the PWA site with a hardware load balancer in front.    Does the TFS system require SQL Server installed on the same server or can it access SQL remotely?

Finally, does the TFSSERVICE account really require Administrator rights on all systems?  Currently our TFS SERVICE account dos not have administrator rights and is only granted what is really needed.

Thank you for any help in advance

Brian