Team Site/Connector Web Site Catch-22

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:35 PM

We have run into an issue with the default website and the connector virtual directory.   Basically the connector won’t work as-is because Sharepoint has taken over the default website and there is a trust issue.  Remove the web.config from the default website (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\) and connector web site works.   Now I think I am in a catch 22.

The connector doesn’t seem to be “working”.    I have created the project association, and now it just sits there and refreshes.  Clicking on details does nothing.  Does it need the team site to be up to be working?  Because…

The team site, nor any other sharepoint site on the box, is working.  This is because I removed the web.config from the default website.  Of course, putting it back in there makes those sites work again, but connector website doesn’t. 

I created a new website, and 2 virtual directories like the connector vd's in the default website.  Gave them the appropriate app pool.  I get a strange guid error when browsing. 

This operation could not be successfully performed. Please contact the administrator and refer to HandlingInstanceID: f56324da-b511-4b92-b7cf-53daf915b759

I also read where sometimes the tasks won't import if both checkboxes are checked.  Was that bug fixed?  That could explain the items not importing. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Chad

Jul 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM
I also wanted to note this is a 1-box installation.  TFS/Project/Connector are all on the same box.
Jul 26, 2008 at 4:38 PM

The solution was to change the WSS_Minimal config file to have full trust on everything.  You can locate your wss_minimal config by going to the web.config of the connector to get the path.  I copied the config file to a custom config file, changed the path in the web.config to point to the custom config,  and it worked. 

I then unlocked my associated projects in the ProjectAssociations table.