Custom field "Type" not availble to connector

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM
I am experiencing the exact same issue reported in the following thread;
http://www.codeplex.com/pstfsconnector/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=28847&ANCHOR#Post108404

As this person stated, I am unable to associate Work Items with Assignments because the custom field "Type" is not coming from Project Server, as referenced in the following line of connector code;

return (customField.name.Equals("Type") && customField.Value.ToString().Equals(typeName));

I am also confused why there is a PS Custom field called Enterprise Work Item Type (that we specified as "Task" at both the task and Assignment level in the project file), however, the code seems to be comparing the custom field "Type" (that is not part of the custom fields in the custom field object in memory available to the connector), instead of the value of the custom field "Enterprise Work Item Type" (that is also not part of the custom fields in the custom field object in memory).

Another issue that I cannot figure out is that the custom fields in the custom field object in memory available to the connector contains three valid Cuatom fields (Health, Liste Description2, Entr_Statut), but I can't figure out what is special about these fields, why is the connector getting these three and none of the others (many more have been defined).

Antony