Project Connector 2007 - Step 2 Installation Error

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2008 at 9:16 PM
While installing the Project Connector between Project Server 2007 and TFS 2008, I am able to install the Connector components and the Team Foundation Server Components. However when I try to install the components on the Project Server machine I receive the following error message:

Exiting Microsoft Project Server 2007 Connector

Setup has encountered an unexpected problem.
For more information, please refer to the log file:

C:\Windows\PS2007-TFSConnectorSetup.log

Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

I am running in a two server environment one (1) TFS/Connector server and one (1) Project 2007 Server and the log file referenced in the message is never created.
Dec 12, 2008 at 9:06 PM
I have the exact same issue.  I'll track down an answer and post it here.
Dec 13, 2008 at 2:48 AM
I'm using Project 2007 and VS 2008 Team Dev ver on Vista Business.  I have all the service packs asked for. 

I installed Project after the Team Foundation Explorer 2008 and did a repair just to make sure nothing was being missed.

I didn't have to install the TF Explorer connector to get connected to the server.  In Project the Team menu option appears but, I kept getting unregconized xml error TF82019.  I never found the file and the search engine on "TF82019" or "Using Project 2007 with Team Foundation Server" never resulted in more than two search results.

I tried reconfiguring my OpSys to try to get it to work.  I kept getting errors.  I can only grab from the server into VS 2008.  Trying to port to Project and Excel from VS Studio only generated errors.

I'm going to use TF Explorer and manually deal with tasks(copy & past then convert to correct format for new tasks).  It would be nice if Codex had an export for admin once logged in to cvs or xml the tasks list and go the other way and upload. An ftp account for team members would be nice but, who hasn't asked for that feature.

TF Explorer gets the source on the server, doing tasks is another story until the problem is solved but, I spent too much time on it already.

If anyone has the answer please post,

thanx much

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM
 Dear Sir
            I have installed TFS server 2005 at one machine and I have MS Project Server 2007 another machine. Now I want to connect Project server with TFS. I got the one link (http://www.codeplex.com/pstfsconnector/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Setup%20Guide), here I got the VSTS connector for MS Project Server 2007 and TFS 2005 integration. TFS2005 software is working very well before this connectore installation. When I installed the connector by following the proper guideline which are present at given link. After complete installation, When I start the TFS Server and open the TFS Explorer then I got following error.

"TFS31001: Team Foundation cannot retrieve the list of team projects from Team Foundation Server ss01-cpu-118. The TEam Foundation Server returned the following error: The request failed with HTTP status 404:."

I was installing this connector on TFS Machine as per guideline which are given on website(http://www.codeplex.com/pstfsconnector/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Setup%20Guide). I was login with TFSSETUP on TFS machine. Although I have installed TFS server 2005 with this Login. While on installation I used the TFSSERVICE account for TFS installation.

Please if any one have any solution about this problem. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Best Regards

Muhammad Waseem Alvi

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Hey folks,

Could anyone find a solution for the "setup has encountered an unexpected problem" thing??