Error while saving the association

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

I have sucessfully installed the "Microsoft Project Server 2007 Connector" on the three box installation (Project server machine, TFS machine and connector web site machine). Its also displaying the project configuration page with the projects in prjoect server dropdown and TFS projects in the other dropdown. but as i click on the save button after selecting the projects from the dropdowns. it displays the error messages page with the following text on it.

This operation could not be successfully performed. Please contact the administrator and refer to HandlingInstanceID: f5207ff5-4194-4bdd-b744-210c2b0cedda

please suggest where i am doing wrong to configure the association.

Thanks in Advance

Naveen Katara

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:27 PM

To get a more detailed error msg, find the web.config file for the app, which is at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Project Server 2007 Connector\Connector Web Site by default, and find the following:

<loggingConfiguration name=”Logging Application Block” tracingEnabled=”true” defaultCategory=”General” logWarningsWhenNoCategoriesMatch=”true”>

<listeners>

<add source=”Enterprise Library Logging” formatter=”Text Formatter” log=”Application” machineName=”"

Change the tracingEnabled to “true”.

Then, just rerun the web page to get the error again, and then check your event log (as in, admin tools --> event log)

Hope that helps,

Mike